Sunday, October 24, 2010

Country Living Fair

The Country Living Fair was held this weekend at Stone Mountain Park and what a treat!  I went to the first CL Fair back in New York many years ago with my friend Jenni.  We were so excited to be able to meet Ki Nassauer and Sue Whitney from Junk Market Style but when we got to Central Park we were a little disappointed and only stayed about 1 hour.  Why???  Well it was the first one so there weren't many booths to linger through and enjoy so we spent the day in NYC instead.  That was NOT the case this time around.. oh my goodness what a treat. 
Mary and I in front of Pumpkin Mountain
20,000 visitors were expected to go through the park during the 3 day show.... no kidding.  The wait to get in the park was about 20 minutes long but so worth it. Booths after booths of endless inspirations and eye candy!  You first walk into this massive structure with a fireplace suitable for a castle.  In this structure Country Living gave tips for Fall decorating.  Simple ideas are often the best ones...
 pine cones strung on a chandelier
 resin birds under a cloche
artwork using leaves
 wreaths using old papers... I did this last year at the shop and it was fabulous.  This year I will be making angel wings!
 flowers made from sewing patterns
and a tree made from driftwood scraps.  Simple but stunning!!  Click here for more pictures from the Fair.

2 comments:

  1. Somehow, I missed going in there! I *think* I saw all the booths, some more than once, but the park was so meandering and I couldn't make heads or tails of the map, so I'm not completely sure. Wish we'd planned to meet each other. It's so fun to meet people in person we only know from the internet. ;-)

    ReplyDelete