I have a confession to make... I LOVE LOVE LOVE eggplant!!!
Not this much...
or this much...
Okay.. maybe a little of this.. (yummy)
but This.. This.. This
My first taste of eggplant came 20+ years ago when I visited Uncle Jacques' Bull farm for the very first time.
My husband's family raises Bulls for Bull Fighting in the South of France. We go back every other year and every time I can expect to eat Aunt Françoise grilled eggplant and homemade marinara sauce.
Here I am in 2011 at the farm with my new BFF.
My adorable husband with Jacques on the tractor
Françoise and her son Fabian...I love this family!
Back in the USA.. I make my own version of Eggplant Parmesan which has gotten many compliments because it is so dang easy!!
- Slice 2 eggplants lengthwise (keep skin on) very thin.
- Stick in oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until eggplant is a nice golden brown.
- Put tomato sauce on bottom of baking dish so that eggplant wont stick.
- Layer 1/2 eggplant into dish. Top with more marinara and sprinkle generously shredded cheese.
- Another layer of eggplant, marinara and cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- When it comes out of oven, I sprinkle goat cheese crumbles all over the top. Viola!!
Another eggplant favorite in the Dumas house is the Ratatouille and the VERY BEST recipe for that can be found here. Taste just like mémé's (grandma).
Recently we ate at SaZa's in Newnan and I tried a cold eggplant dish that my mouth now waters for. This recipe looks very close to Chef Joe's but I haven't tried it yet to confirm that!
Delicious! My stomach is starting to growl!! In honor of Mosaic Monday, I have put together some eggplant love. Pictures were found on Pinterest and Google.
This mosaic has also been linked up with Little Red House. Happy Monday.