Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Da-da-dadada......

Da-da-dadada-da-da-circus, da-da-dadada-da-da-afro-circus, afro-circus, afro, polka dot, polka dot, polka dot afro!

That was one of many great lines from the movie Madagascar 3 that the kids and I saw recently... have you seen the movie?? A must because it is hilarious. It also got me thinking that I need to add some more whimsy to my paintings. Color I've got.. but sometimes it would be nice to have whimsy too.  I do fun little paintings from time to time for my son's elementary school when they need a donation but I really don't do any to sell in the shop.  Here is one that I did for my daughter's bedroom back in 2007!
 
That year I took my 2nd Encaustic Workshop with the very talented Gina Adams.  I was adamant during this workshop to perfect my landscape paintings and horizon lines.  The owl painting was a quick last minute painting I did.. I didn't even think twice about it.  But you know what, this little painting gives me the biggest smile every time I walk into Olivia's room.
 
So with whimsy on the brain, I practically fell over this vintage suitcase the other day while junkin!  Suitcase with the flowers + Circus images from Madagascar = my next painting class at Corner Arts!!
Spring Fever 38x19, $400
This is the larger version of the workshop which will be on display at Corner Arts Gallery during the month of July for Jenni Jones "Birthday Celebration" show.  The gallery show celebrates her 1st year in business and all of her artists were asked to participate. 
 
Here is a close-up of the flower detail.
 
Bringing on the whimsy with these circus themed borders... for the class I will have some fabulous scrapbook papers with great border ideas!!

So here is the skinny-

Class July 18th
 Wednesday 10:30am - 1:30pm
size of finished board is 12 x 20, framed
Cost $70.00

Please pre-register by Saturday July 14th so that I can order your frame in time for class... frame colors are white, baby blue, pink, mint green, yellow, and natural
We will be learning a wax pour technique with this class, carving in our design, and of course- painting!  Pre-registration is a must for this class.  Please call Jenny Jones @ The Corner Arts Gallery at 678-633-5705.  You can also reserve your seat by emailing me at vdumas@numail.org or cornerartsgallery@gmail.com.

enjoy!!

1 comment: