Friday, December 9, 2011

Beautiful Birds

The first of 3 Bird Classes that I have scheduled for December has come to pass.  I couldn't be more thrilled at how they all turned out and I do believe everybody had a great time learning a new Encaustic technique... Transferring images onto wax.  Yes, here is my secret...I can't draw very well so sometimes I transfer images onto the wax and then color on top of it.  Some artists use overhead projectors, some use graphite paper.. I use photocopies!  Here are few snapshots from my class of 8.  Look at their amazing detail!  Love it.
We had tropical birds..
Backyard Birds..
 
and even a Flamingo!
 
It was quite a Zoo.
 

My next class with availability is on December 17th from 10am-12.  Class is $25.  You can reserve your spot by calling Jenny Jones at the Corner Arts Gallery in downtown Newnan.  678-633-5705

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented Val, I want to try this! Are you going to Atlanta?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.. we need to all meet up like last time! BTW your holiday book was amazing. Thanks for sharing on the BRU blog.

    ReplyDelete