Sunday, December 25, 2011

Mosaic Monday

Alas! How dreary would be the world if there was no Santa Claus!... There would be no childlike faith then, no poetry, no romance to make tolerable this existence.
- FRANCIS P. CHURCH, 1897

Goodbye jolly old Saint Nicholas.. until next year.  Well at least I hope.  It was in 5th grade that my Olivia, without warning, asked if there was really a Santa.  Yes NOW I know what I SHOULD have said but let me tell you, pre-teens know when you are lying.. she had me squirming all over the place until I finally cracked under the pressure.  She simply said okay and walked away.  My little baby boy will be entering the 5th grade next year so I still have many months ahead to plan for the inevitable day when he too will ask "is Santa for real?"

my favorite Santa picture of all time.. in 2003, Olivia's foot & thumbprint made up Santa and his sled while Brice's hand was Rudolph.

I don't want a repeat of the dramatic reaction when Brice found out about the Tooth Fairy, click here to read about that.  Thus, I am preparing myself in advance thanks to this wonderful blog post.  (Thank you Gail for sending it to me!)  The first time I read it, I cried realizing that my children are indeed, growing up. So Au Revoir you crazy white bearded man!!  We had an amazing Christmas morning keeping your spirit alive once again in the Dumas household.

This mosaic has been linked up to The Little Red House.  Vintage pictures of Santa were all found on Pinterest.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love this mosaic! What a great idea! Happy New year! ♥

    ReplyDelete