Friday, December 2, 2011

Who's Your Elf?

Last night my son Brice, age 10, asked me where our Elves were since the school Elf has now officially been seen in his classroom.  Seems Mr. Elf has been taking names on who is naughty and who is nice.. "Our Elves?" I asked, "I think they are still packed away with the ornaments".  After promising to unearth them this weekend I started thinking if this would be the last year he believes.  When my daughter turned 10, she figured the whole thing out from Santa to Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny to Leprechauns in one fell swoop.  My son, on the other hand, is holding on like a tooth tangling from one stringy root.  He found out about the Tooth Fairy a few months ago after a serious mishap from my husband.  Sweet hubby forgot to check if my angel was in fact sleeping before slipping the money under the pillow.  Twenty minutes later we hear a noise outside our bedroom door and when we went to check it out, we found said money on the ground.  We found him crying in his bedroom and had to explain the Tooth Fairy to him.  I thought that's it, he will figure it all out now.  But then our Elves came up in conversation last night at the dinner table.  Note to self.. You have one more shot to make magical memories!

We don't have the "Elf On The Shelf" book or doll.  However, we do have two vintage elves, like the ones pictured above, that remind me of my childhood Christmas holidays.  I always forget to move them around the house so I tell my children that they are too old.  This year will be different thanks to this blog posting I found... 101 Elf On The Shelf Ideas.

My favorites would have to include:
  • Hang child’s unmentionables on the Christmas tree
  •  Type /write an amazing letter of all the wonderful qualities your Elf has witnessed of your child!!!!!!!!
  •  Elf writes his own X-mas list – Elf clothes, Mrs. Elf, candy, etc.
And I am sure I can come up with a few more to make this, possibly the last year of Believing, more special.

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment