Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Palette Knife Landscape... week 3

One thing I have learned from taking this Palette Knife Landscape class is that WAX painting is for me!!!!!  Although I have thoroughly enjoyed taking the class from Dawn Kinney Martin at the Spruill Art Center, it is not a medium that I will be perfecting anytime soon.  I kept trying to reach for the blow torch to start over.. an advantage I have with wax painting.  But alas.. here is the progression from week 1 to week 3...
week 1.. starting to put landmasses down.
week 2.. adding color.
 
week 3... starting to put in shadows. 

 Obviously I still have a ways to go with this one but I had tons of fun.  In the meantime I need to get back to wax painting ASAP.  My custom 30x48 still needs a few more layers and I have submitted a couple of Encaustics to the Corner Arts Gallery Small Works Show which will run from November 12-December 31.  I'll have more information on that for you very soon!

Recently I found out that one of best friends from High School has been living with brain cancer over the past 5 years and she is just now telling her friends and family about it.  The doctors have given her 6 months to live, and this was back in April.  She obviously has been living her life to the Nth degree over the past 5 years, enjoying her two beautiful young children and staying positive.  I found this incredible quote from Danielle La Porte, The Spark Kit, that says "You can’t plant misery seeds today and expect to get a juicy crop next season."  So true!  I am overjoyed that I was gifted this painting class from my adorable husband who knows I have been trying to "find myself" after selling the shop!  So no more misery seeds for me.... and I have another must try item crossed off my bucket list.  Have you crossed anything off your bucket list lately??  I would love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment