Sunday, May 27, 2012

Mosaic Monday... Sail Away

I've been noticing lots of sail boats lately in home decor magazines and pinterest.  For example, in the June issue of Country Living magazine, there are not 1 but 3 shots of sail boats taking center stage!!
 

 
Even in my own home, boats are a focal point.  Here I have a small but growing collection of boat paintings that I treasure.
At Gillyweed, we have 2 boats for sale.  The Union Jack was originally $95, now it is on sale for $65.
And the little yacht was $45, now it is on sale for $25.
 
Last year I made several paper sail boats and hung them in the shop's window for a magical display.  I think I might have to do that again using the driftwood idea below.  Love it!
 
This mosaic has been linked up with Little Red House for Mosaic Monday.  All pictures were found on pinterest under the search Sail Boat.  Have a wonderful rest of the week!!

Enjoy!!

3 comments:

  1. My husband loves sailboats. They are so graceful. The paper one is so pretty, as is the driftwood one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sailboats are pretty and the nautical theme is popular. Lovely images, thanks for sharing. Happy Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nautical themes, sailboats, always such a pretty addition to many homes, and work spaces.
    I am having a very slow week, and I ask you to forgive me for my tardiness. Momma always said, better late, then never~

    ReplyDelete