Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mosaic Monday

Something about a collection makes me swoon... I love seeing beloved treasures hung on walls as precious art or grouped together on tables/bookshelves.  It just screams sophistication to me.. yes even my crazy pan faces that I have in my pantry makes me feel sophisticated!!
Sea Shells especially are gorgeous grouped together by color, style, and/or shape.  Hang shells on burlap backdrops for a more casual look.  Arranging the shells inside a wide frame makes them elegant.. here is a great tutorial by Sand & Sisal.
Above and below are great examples of how color can make any boring wall pop with interest.
So how do you color your shells???  Many recipes are out there on the net from Kool-aid mixes to food coloring & vinegar solutions.  One beautifully documented blog post from Dusty Lu shows the use of Rit Dye for staining shells.
Et VoilĂ !!  So next time you are at the beach (or at the Gillyweed store) get yourself a bucket of shells and make some art!!  This mosaic has been linked up to Little Red House for Mosaic Monday.   All pictures were found on Pinterest, Etsy and Google.  Have a great week!
 Enjoy!!






No comments:

Post a Comment